At Speech Pathology Toowoomba we use assessments, diagnoses, treatments and evaluations to achieve positive outcomes for our clients. Intrinsically linked throughout this process is an underlying dignity and respect for every individual who attends.
This philosophy of respect means that:
- Our therapists work to develop a positive relationship with clients and their families.
- Services are tailored to the needs of the individual client. Interventions are chosen according to the needs of the specific client within their family and the environments in which they communicate.
- Family members and caregivers are involved in planning therapy goals and implementing communication strategies. Parents and caregivers are provided with information and opportunities to discuss intervention strategies and progress.
- Intervention is considered with sensitivity to the client’s cultural background.
- Intervention focuses on developing functional speech, language, social and communication skills for the client’s everyday life.
- We respect the need for absolute privacy and discretion with regard to client and family information. You will be asked permission before we contact and share information with other professionals.
- We are committed to providing you with a quality service. Each Speech Pathologist is dedicated to ongoing professional development. We are all Certified Practicing Speech Pathologists recognised by Speech Pathology Australia.
- Toowoomba is a central service area for many rural and remote communities. Where possible a flexible and efficient speech pathology service is offered to families from rural and remote areas. Frequency and duration of appointments, use of email communication between appointments and use of telehealth (on-line video call) options are all considered for the provision of services to rural families.